|Full Time Kindergarten-Grade 5||$4,660|
|Part Time Kindergarten||$3,120|
New tuition rates will be available on the MEI website annually by early June.
Family Discount – Families with more than one student that are of biological or legal relations (eg. share biological parent(s) or are legally adopted) at MEI receive a Family Discount. Deduct the percentage discount from the total tuition of all students in the family.
|Students at MEI schools||Discount|
|Four or more Students||28%|
$150 Tuition Related to Facilities – After tuition is calculated, less any Family Discount for multiple students, each family pays a Tuition Related to Facilities Fee of $150 per family (not per student – each family pays only one Facilities Fee). Tuition Related to Facilities Fee for an only child in Part Time Kindergarten at MEI is $75.
MEI Church Membership Discount – After tuition is calculated, less any Family Discount for multiple students, parents/legal guardians or students themselves who are members of a MEI Society Member Church receive a $700 discount per student. Deduct the Church Discount for each applicable student. Discount is $350 for Part Time Kindergarten.
(Family with two students and member of a MEI Society Church)
|1. Total Annual Tuition|
|a. Grade 8||$5,100|
|b. Grade 5||$4,660|
|2. Less Family Discount|
|(10% for a family with 2 students)||-$976|
|3. Plus Tuition related to Facilities|
|($150 for each family)||$150|
|4. Less Supporting Church Discount|
|($700 per student if applicable)||-$1,400|
|TOTAL Annual Tuition||$7,534|
Download a form, fill it out, and hand in, fax or email to MEI.
Tuition Payment Policies
1. Tuition is invoiced monthly and is due on the 1st of each month (September – June). Parents are required to make payment arrangements before the school year begins. MEI Schools offers the following options:
- Annual payment: Payment for the entire year paid by cheque or credit card by September 1st. $50 prepayment discount per student will apply if payment is received by August 1st. Annual payment instruction form must be submitted for each school year.
- Semi-Annual payment: Two equal payments (due September 1st and February 1st) paid by two cheques or pre-authorized credit card. Semi-annual payment instruction form must be submitted for each school year.
- Monthly payments: Payment by pre-authorized debit will be collected on the first day of each school month (September to June). Monthly pre-authorized payment plans must be submitted once, and then are carried forward and adjusted annually.
2. Late payments and NSFs are subject to a $35 administration charge.
3. Students who transfer in before the 16th of the month will be charged a full month’s tuition. Those who transfer
in after the 15th of the month will be charged a half month’s tuition for that month.
4. Students who withdraw from MEI Schools must give 30 days’ notice or pay one month’s tuition in lieu of notice.
5. Tuition accounts are expected to be in good standing before payments for extra-curricular activities will be
accepted and applied towards those activities.
6. Continued failure to make payments on time may result in the student being asked to leave MEI Schools.
7. If a family is unable to comply with the above policies, they must communicate this to MEI Administration and
Finance Office and alternative arrangements may be made if extenuating circumstances exist.
A charitable donation receipt for tax purposes will be issued on an annual basis for the portion of net tuition paid that pertains to religious instruction. The amount of this receipt varies from year to year and is calculated in accordance with the Canada Revenue Agency requirements.
Tuition Payment Instructions
- Use the tuition schedule to determine the amount of annual tuition owing, less any applicable discounts.
- Payment options are listed under the Tuition Payment Policies.
- Monthly Pre-authorized Payment Agreements remain valid for subsequent school years until otherwise noted by the payer.
- For your convenience, pre-authorized debit and credit card forms are at the top of the page.
- Please submit your payment instructions to the MEI Administration and Finance Office by June 30th.