The MEI Homestay Program places international students in safe and supportive homes with active Christian Canadian families.
- Homestays are arranged and supervised by the MEI International office.
- Placement is determined by the profile information provided with the application form and homestay availability.
- Host families are well-screened and safe.
- Host families provide the student with a private room and three meals a day.
- Students must participate in family and church activities.
- The Homestay Manager provides comprehensive support to international students and host families.
- MEI Homestay families provide a committed parental link to the school.
- Ensures safety, well-being, and success.
- Provides students with total immersion into the Canadian way of life.
- Allows students to focus on their studies without worrying about domestic needs.
- Students can practice their English skills in a relaxing environment.
MEI Homestay families are selected through a detailed application process. They are all carefully screened and provide a safe and supportive Christian environment. The majority of these homes are of the greater MEI Schools community. Students will live in homes that care about their education, character, and social development while providing the best opportunity to experience Canadian culture.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Michelle Cruikshanks at firstname.lastname@example.org