Thank you for taking the time to learn about MEI Schools and the holistic, faith-based educational experience we offer students at the Elementary, Middle, and High School levels. For parents, we recognize that making a decision about your child’s education can be difficult, but our goal is to ensure that you feel connected and informed every step of the way. Our commitment to excellence extends beyond the classroom and we welcome the opportunity to assist you in any way we can.
Easy Ways to Register
Pre-register online on Tuesday, January 8th from 6:00 – 8:00 a.m. to be at the front of the line!
Download a Registration form
Come and visit MEI Schools
4081 Clearbrook Road
Abbotsford BC Canada
For more information call or email:
Preschool 604.859.3700 (ext.133)
Contact Monika Peters: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary 604.859.3700 (ext.100)
Contact Cheryll Rogers: email@example.com
Middle 604.859.3700 (ext.500)
Contact Rachel Dyck: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secondary 604.859.3700 (ext.300)
Contact Vicki Tilitzky: email@example.com
Registration of Priority Categories 1-5 from Tuesday, January 8th to Monday, January 14th. Any registrations received after January 14th will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Registrations will be accepted at the Secondary, Middle or Elementary Schools EXCEPT between 6:00–8:00am January 8th when all new registrations may pre-register on-line at MEI’s website www.meischools.com, with registration forms to be submitted by Monday, January 14th, however we strongly recommend dropping them off by Thursday, January 10th.
- We are unable to accept registration forms before the specified time of registration.
- As part of the registration process, an interview/assessment may be required.
2018-2019 Tuition Rates
Full Time Kindergarten-Grade 5
Part Time Kindergarten
2. Family Discount – Families with more than one student at MEI receive a Family Discount. Deduct the percentage discount from the total tuition of all students in the family.
Students at MEI schools
Four or more Students
3. $150 Tuition Related to Facilities – After tuition is calculated, less any Family Discount for multiple students, each family pays a Tuition Related to Facilities Fee of $150 per family (not per student – each family pays only one Facilities Fee). Tuition Related to Facilities Fee for an only child in Part Time Kindergarten at MEI is $75.
4. MEI Church Membership Discount – After tuition is calculated, less any Family Discount for multiple students, parents/legal guardians or students themselves who are members of a Member Church receive a $700 discount per student. Deduct the Church Discount for each applicable student. Discount is $350 for Part Time Kindergarten.
(Family with two students and member of a Member Church)
1. Total Annual Tuition
a. Grade 8
b. Grade 5
2. Less Family Discount
(10% for a family with 2 students)
3. Plus Tuition related to Facilities
($150 for each family)
4. Less Supporting Church Discount
($700 per student if applicable)
TOTAL Annual Tuition
Tuition Payment Policies
- Tuition is invoiced monthly and is due on the 1st of each month (September – June). Parents are required to make payment arrangements before the school year begins. MEI Schools offers the following options:
- Annual payment: Payment for the entire year paid by cheque or credit card by September 1st. $50 prepayment discount per student will apply if payment is received by August 1st. Annual payment instruction form must be submitted for each school year.
- Semi-Annual payment: Two equal payments (due September 1st and February 1st) paid by two cheques or pre-authorized credit card. Semi-annual payment instruction form must be submitted for each school year.
- Monthly payments: Payment by pre-authorized debit will be collected on the first day of each school month (September to June). Monthly pre-authorized payment plans must be submitted once, and then are carried forward and adjusted annually.
- Late payments and NSFs are subject to a $35 administration charge.
- Students who transfer in before the 16th of the month will be charged a full month’s tuition. Those who transfer in after the 15th of the month will be charged a half month’s tuition for that month.
- Students who withdraw from MEI Schools must give 30 days’ notice or pay one month’s tuition in lieu of notice.
- Tuition accounts are expected to be in good standing before payments for extra-curricular activities will be accepted and applied towards those activities.
- Continued failure to make payments on time may result in the student being asked to leave MEI Schools.
- If a family is unable to comply with the above policies, they must communicate this to MEI Administration and Finance Office and alternative arrangements may be made if extenuating circumstances exist.
A charitable donation receipt for tax purposes will be issued on an annual basis for the portion of net tuition paid that pertains to religious instruction. The amount of this receipt varies from year to year and is calculated in accordance with the Canada Revenue Agency requirements. New tuition rates will be available on the MEI website annually on May 1st.
Tuition Payment Instructions
- Use the tuition schedule to determine the amount of annual tuition owing, less any applicable discounts.
- Payment options are listed under the Tuition Payment Policies.
- Monthly Pre-authorized Payment Agreements remain valid for subsequent school years until otherwise noted by the payer.
- For your convenience, pre-authorized debit and credit card forms are at the top of the page.
- Please submit your payment instructions to the MEI Administration and Finance Office by June 30th.
Payment instructions (e.g. post-dated cheque(s), pre-authorized debit or credit card authorization forms) should be forwarded to the MEI Administration and Finance Office before the end of June.
Families on a monthly pre-authorized payment plan will have their payments adjusted to the new tuition rates with the first payment taken September 1st.
Families paying annually or semi-annually by credit card or post-dated cheque will need to forward new authorization forms or cheques each year by June 30th for the following year’s tuition.
Parents, legal guardians or students themselves who are members of an MEI Member Church receive a $700 discount per student. Discount is $350 for Part Time Kindergarten. Member Churches are:
Abbotsford Community Church
Alderbrook Community Church
Arnold Community Church
Central Heights Church (effective for the 2019/20 school year)
Emmanuel Mennonite Church
King Road Church
Mountain Park Community Church
Northview Community Church
Ross Road Community Church
South Abbotsford Church
The Life Centre
In order to receive the Church Membership Discount, you must complete and sign our MEI Society Church Membership Declaration Form found below and return it to MEI Administration and Finance Office along with your payment instructions. If you have already submitted a Church Membership Declaration Form for the current school year you are not required to submit a new form. Your membership information will be carried forward. Should any changes occur to your church membership please notify MEI Administration and Finance Office. Membership declarations are verified with our Member Churches annually.
Download the Church Membership Declaration Form here.