MEI Grad reunions are organized and led by volunteers, and consistently prove to be rewarding times for reflecting, reconnecting, and building into ongoing relationships. Your class reunion is important to us, and we’d love to assist you with ideas, facilities, and promotion.
Attention classes of 1948, 1958, 1968, 1978, 1988, 1998, and 2008!
It’s time to plan your 70th, 60th, 50th, 40th, 30th, 20th, and 10th reunions!
Contact the MEI Alumni Office (Denise Engler, MEI Alumni Relations)
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: 604-859-3700 ext. 327
Gerda Neumann and team are starting to make reunion plans for the Grade 13 class of 1959. Save the date: Friday, May 24, 2019! Read More…
Viola Connolly and team are starting to make reunion plans for the summer of 2019. Please contact Viola to keep informed. Read More…
Update: Change in date for MEI Schools Class of 1998 reunion. Reunion is now on Friday, October 5, 2018.
Tentative plans for September 8, 2018. Contact Kayla Exham for more info.
Your class needs some folks who live locally to take charge of the planning process for an MEI Class of 2008 10 Year Reunion! Please visit your reunion group on Facebook to get involved and chat about what you’d like to do as a group. > more info about class reunions Read More…
On Saturday night, June 16, the 1988 grads of MEI celebrated their fourth official reunion. The first in 1989, second in 1998, third in 2008 and fourth in 2018. The event welcomed 75 people to a park-like family estate in South Langley, organized by the original student council: Read More…
Join us on Friday, June 15 (4:00 p.m.) for the annual Grad Parade at MEI Secondary. Grad parade vehicles are to meet in the lower parking lot by the tennis courts. Spectators may assemble in front of the Secondary School. Be here to see all the beautiful gowns, fancy cars (and other creative vehicles), and the very best smiles from this year’s graduating class. Read More…
On Saturday, May 26th 40 grads and 10 spouses of the MEI graduating class of 1978 met for a 40th year reunion afternoon and back-yard BBQ dinner at the home of Tanya (Klassen) Thiessen and her husband Howie. The plans were in the works for approximately two months prior to the event and were fairly easy to manage with a committee of 6-7 volunteers.
What a night! Thank you to all the alumni and fans who cheered on our Eagles bball teams last night (Jan.30), and who had the chance to catch up with some old friends! It was a nostalgic, high-energy event, and we all had *so* much fun! Congrats to both MEI Sr. Girls and Sr. Boys teams for the wins vs Robert Bateman (Girls 55-52 | Boys 116-89).
MEI alumni had the opportunity to enter to win a new Mazda 3, which is donated by VIP Mazda and will be awarded in January of 2020. Connect with the MEI Alumni Office to hear when the next chance to enter will be! > more contest details
How We Can Help With Your Reunion Plans
• If you need names and addresses; bring in the stuffed envelopes you are sending, labelled with your return address. MEI will address and post them on your behalf
• If you have the names and addresses; bring your pre-addressed stuffed envelopes, labelled with your return address. MEI will post them on your behalf
• MEI will place an announcement in the next issue of ‘Connections’ (published bi-annually)
• MEI will also include an announcement on the MEI Website and on Facebook
A choice of spaces within the MEI facility are available for booking, which may include the use of a room for a banquet and the kitchen. A flat fee of $100 will be charged to help cover the cost for the services of a custodian for set-up and clean-up as well as on call services of a custodian during the reunion. All arrangements are subject to the availability of facilities and staff.
As a part of your reunion plans, we would love to arrange a tour the school(s). During the school year, tours may include interaction with current students, classes, music groups, and administration. Outside of the school year, walk through the school(s). All arrangements are subject to the availability of facilities and staff.
• Use & cleaning of round and/or rectangular tablecloths – $3.00 each
• Use & Cleaning of chair covers – $2.50 each
• Soundman – $25.00/hr and up, depending on the needs of your group and availability of staff
The MEI Advancement Department will provide:
• A tour and presentation of the MEI Campus
• A host/hostess to greet the class
• 2 gifts of MEI memorabilia to be used as door prizes
• Donation Cards, Envelopes and Address Update Forms
• An assortment of MEI literature to display
The MEI Advancement Department would appreciate:
• Attendees be given an opportunity to donate to MEI
• Alumni address updates (whether via paper forms or digital appeal)
• A copy of / access to a recap of the reunion (whether digital / printed), if available
• A short reunion story and photo for “Connections”
• The return of any unused literature
For more information please contact the MEI Schools Alumni Office
P: (604) 859-3700 ext. 327 | E: email@example.com