MEI Grad reunions are organized and led by volunteers, and consistently prove to be rewarding times for reflecting, reconnecting, and building into ongoing relationships. Your class reunion is important to us, and we’d love to assist you with ideas, facilities, and promotion.
Attention classes of 1949, 1959, 1969, 1979, 1989, 1999, and 2009!
It’s time to plan your 70th, 60th, 50th, 40th, 30th, 20th, and 10th reunions!
Contact the MEI Alumni Office (Denise Engler, MEI Alumni Relations)
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: 604-859-3700 ext. 327
The MEI Class of 1994 is forming summer 2019 reunion plans for a 25 year reunion. Please join us for an evening of remembering, rediscovering, and laughing. Light refreshments and beverages served.
Casual Social: Saturday September 7 at 6:00 pm. Save the Date! More details to come!
Henry Suderman and team are in the initial planning stages for a reunion of the grade 12 graduating class of 1960! Tentative dates are for May 29-31, 2020.
One lucky MEI alum will win a brand new Mazda 3 (donated by VIP Mazda) in 2020! Over the next 2 years (2018-2020) MEI alumni will have multiple opportunities to enter the draw. > Read full contest details
MEI Class of 2009 had a blast at an informal gathering in Abbotsford on Saturday, July 6, 2019. Our thanks to organizers Balina Bath and Ryan Yaskow, host Jochem Moerman, and the rest of the team for pulling off a great event! Read More…
On July 7th, the class of ’89 held their 30th grad reunion at the Pearson home in Abbotsford. We had 32 grads (and four brave spouses) show up for an evening barbecue.
MEI Class of 1979 celebrated with a 40-year reunion at the home of classmate George Siemens this past Saturday, June 1. Our thanks to Colleen (Funk) Isfeld and team for bringing your group together.
The MEI Class of 1969 enjoyed an all-day 50-year reunion event this past Saturday, June 1, 2019. Our thanks to Viola Connolly and team for preparing a day full of group activities, starting and ending at MEI. About 40 grads and spouses participated, pictured here on the MEI campus by an offshoot of the Chortitza Oak (planted at MEI in November 2012). Read More…
How We Can Help With Your Reunion Plans
• If you need names and addresses; bring in the stuffed envelopes you are sending, labelled with your return address. MEI will address and post them on your behalf
• If you have the names and addresses; bring your pre-addressed stuffed envelopes, labelled with your return address. MEI will post them on your behalf
• MEI will place an announcement in the next issue of ‘Connections’ (published bi-annually)
• MEI will also include an announcement on the MEI Website and on Facebook
A choice of spaces within the MEI facility are available for booking, which may include the use of a room for a banquet and the kitchen. A flat fee of $100 will be charged to help cover the cost for the services of a custodian for set-up and clean-up as well as on call services of a custodian during the reunion. All arrangements are subject to the availability of facilities and staff.
As a part of your reunion plans, we would love to arrange a tour the school(s). During the school year, tours may include interaction with current students, classes, music groups, and administration. Outside of the school year, walk through the school(s). All arrangements are subject to the availability of facilities and staff.
• Use & cleaning of round and/or rectangular tablecloths – $3.00 each
• Use & Cleaning of chair covers – $2.50 each
• Soundman – $25.00/hr and up, depending on the needs of your group and availability of staff
The MEI Advancement Department will provide:
• A tour and presentation of the MEI Campus
• A host/hostess to greet the class
• 2 gifts of MEI memorabilia to be used as door prizes
• Donation Cards, Envelopes and Address Update Forms
• An assortment of MEI literature to display
The MEI Advancement Department would appreciate:
• Attendees be given an opportunity to donate to MEI
• Alumni address updates (whether via paper forms or digital appeal)
• A copy of / access to a recap of the reunion (whether digital / printed), if available
• A short reunion story and photo for “Connections”
• The return of any unused literature
For more information please contact the MEI Schools Alumni Office
P: (604) 859-3700 ext. 327 | E: email@example.com