MEI Grad reunions are organized and led by volunteers, and consistently prove to be rewarding times for reflecting, reconnecting, and building into ongoing relationships. Your class reunion is important to us, and we’d love to assist you with ideas, facilities, and promotion.
Attention classes of 1948, 1958, 1968, 1978, 1988, 1998, and 2008!
It’s time to plan your 70th, 60th, 50th, 40th, 30th, 20th, and 10th reunions!
Contact the MEI Alumni Office (Denise Engler, MEI Alumni Relations)
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: 604-859-3700 ext. 327
Calling all MEI alumni & MEI fans! Tuesday, January 30th is the MEI Eagles “can’t miss” basketball event of the year: MEI hosts Bateman in a double header basketball showdown at MEI Secondary. Like last year’s event but BIGGER — let’s pack the stands!!
MEI alumni: wear your vintage MEI jackets / or blue & gold, cheer on our teams, and enter to win a NEW CAR from VIP Mazda (to be awarded in January 2020)!
Ryan Dahl and your Grad 88 student council have Grad 88 30 year reunion plans in motion! Come on out for an outdoor BBQ at a spacious family farm in Langley on Saturday, June 16, 2018 (4:00 – 11:00 pm). Read More…
Date tentatively set: May 5, 2018
Discussions have just begun about an MEI Class of 1978 40 year reunion. Reunion will be a casual gathering at the home of Tanya (Klassen) Thiessen in Abbotsford, so save the date! Read More…
“The MEI Class of 1997 held our grad reunion on Nov. 11 of this year. A little late, but we were very happy to get together and see each other again. 21 grads were able to attend on fairly short notice and all of them enjoyed their time that evening. The casual nature of the event allowed everyone to have great conversations and reminisce about old times.” — Ravi Bathe (reunion organizer) Read More…
We are honoured to have been able to connect with the MEI Class of 1957, as they celebrated their 60 Year Reunion yesterday (September 19, 2017). The group toured around the current Secondary campus, interacted with classes and students, enjoyed a performance and sing-along with the MEI Concert Choir, and heard from administration. Read More…
MEI Schools Class of 1987 had a blast together for their 30 year reunion at the home of Stewart & Gwen Schmidt on Saturday, September 16, 2017. There are a ton of old photos, and even a grad video posted in their MEI Class of ’87 30th Reunion group on Facebook, for any classmates who have not yet reconnected. Read More…
MEI Schools Class of 1967 celebrated with a 50 year reunion on August 26-27, 2017. Thanks for stopping in for a tour, and for your encouraging words and support!
How We Can Help With Your Reunion Plans
• If you need names and addresses; bring in the stuffed envelopes you are sending, labelled with your return address. MEI will address and post them on your behalf
• If you have the names and addresses; bring your pre-addressed stuffed envelopes, labelled with your return address. MEI will post them on your behalf
• MEI will place an announcement in the next issue of ‘Connections’ (published bi-annually)
• MEI will also include an announcement on the MEI Website and on Facebook
A choice of spaces within the MEI facility are available for booking, which may include the use of a room for a banquet and the kitchen. A flat fee of $100 will be charged to help cover the cost for the services of a custodian for set-up and clean-up as well as on call services of a custodian during the reunion. All arrangements are subject to the availability of facilities and staff.
As a part of your reunion plans, we would love to arrange a tour the school(s). During the school year, tours may include interaction with current students, classes, music groups, and administration. Outside of the school year, walk through the school(s). All arrangements are subject to the availability of facilities and staff.
• Use & cleaning of round and/or rectangular tablecloths – $3.00 each
• Use & Cleaning of chair covers – $2.50 each
• Soundman – $25.00/hr and up, depending on the needs of your group and availability of staff
The MEI Advancement Department will provide:
• A tour and presentation of the MEI Campus
• A host/hostess to greet the class
• 2 gifts of MEI memorabilia to be used as door prizes
• Donation Cards, Envelopes and Address Update Forms
• An assortment of MEI literature to display
The MEI Advancement Department would appreciate:
• Attendees be given an opportunity to donate to MEI
• Alumni address updates (whether via paper forms or digital appeal)
• A copy of / access to a recap of the reunion (whether digital / printed), if available
• A short reunion story and photo for “Connections”
• The return of any unused literature
For more information please contact the MEI Schools Alumni Office
P: (604) 859-3700 ext. 327 | E: email@example.com