MEI Grad reunions are organized and led by volunteers, and consistently prove to be rewarding times for reflecting, reconnecting, and building into ongoing relationships. Your class reunion is important to us, and we’d love to assist you with ideas, facilities, and promotion.
Attention classes of 1949, 1959, 1969, 1979, 1989, 1999, and 2009!
It’s time to plan your 70th, 60th, 50th, 40th, 30th, 20th, and 10th reunions!
Contact the MEI Alumni Office (Denise Engler, MEI Alumni Relations)
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: 604-859-3700 ext. 327
Calling all MEI alumni, current MEI families, and friends — it’s alumni night at the volleyball double header vs. Langley Christian School on Monday, October 29, 2018 in the gym at MEI Secondary!
Save the date! The MEI Class of 1979 reunion committee invites classmates for a 40 year reunion on Saturday, June 1, 2019 at the home of George Siemens. Bring your reunion ideas and get more info by visiting your reunion group on Facebook
Save the date! Sonya Larnder and your reunion committee invite MEI Class of 1989 for a 30 year reunion on Saturday, July 6, 2019. Bring your reunion ideas (venue still needed) and get more info by visiting your reunion group on Facebook
Gerda Neumann and team are starting to make reunion plans for the Grade 13 class of 1959. Save the date: Friday, May 24, 2019! Read More…
On Saturday, October 6, 2018, about 25 grads from the class of 1983 gathered for a 35 year reunion. The reunion was organized by Sharon (Dueck) Simpson and team, and was hosted at the home of Stephen & Evy (Thielmann) Klassen in Abbotsford.
About 20 grads got together on October 5, 2018 for their 20-year reunion at The Cactus Club in Abbotsford. The steak and great guacamole made up for the 5-block walk to the restaurant, which is notorious for its lack of available parking spots. As gut-wrenching as it seemed at first to talk to people you haven’t seen for 20 years, conversation and laughter flowed freely by 6 o’clock among the grads. Read More…
On September 21, 2018, MEI Class of 2008 enjoyed a fun and casual gathering to mark 10 years since graduation. Read More…
’54 grads had a mini get-together on Monday, September 10, 2018 at the Rose Café in Abbotsford, on occasion of a visit by Dave & Alice Martens (Waterloo). 22 came together for this delightful time together… set up by ’54 grad “Huppa”. Read More…
How We Can Help With Your Reunion Plans
• If you need names and addresses; bring in the stuffed envelopes you are sending, labelled with your return address. MEI will address and post them on your behalf
• If you have the names and addresses; bring your pre-addressed stuffed envelopes, labelled with your return address. MEI will post them on your behalf
• MEI will place an announcement in the next issue of ‘Connections’ (published bi-annually)
• MEI will also include an announcement on the MEI Website and on Facebook
A choice of spaces within the MEI facility are available for booking, which may include the use of a room for a banquet and the kitchen. A flat fee of $100 will be charged to help cover the cost for the services of a custodian for set-up and clean-up as well as on call services of a custodian during the reunion. All arrangements are subject to the availability of facilities and staff.
As a part of your reunion plans, we would love to arrange a tour the school(s). During the school year, tours may include interaction with current students, classes, music groups, and administration. Outside of the school year, walk through the school(s). All arrangements are subject to the availability of facilities and staff.
• Use & cleaning of round and/or rectangular tablecloths – $3.00 each
• Use & Cleaning of chair covers – $2.50 each
• Soundman – $25.00/hr and up, depending on the needs of your group and availability of staff
The MEI Advancement Department will provide:
• A tour and presentation of the MEI Campus
• A host/hostess to greet the class
• 2 gifts of MEI memorabilia to be used as door prizes
• Donation Cards, Envelopes and Address Update Forms
• An assortment of MEI literature to display
The MEI Advancement Department would appreciate:
• Attendees be given an opportunity to donate to MEI
• Alumni address updates (whether via paper forms or digital appeal)
• A copy of / access to a recap of the reunion (whether digital / printed), if available
• A short reunion story and photo for “Connections”
• The return of any unused literature
For more information please contact the MEI Schools Alumni Office
P: (604) 859-3700 ext. 327 | E: email@example.com